Tennis, a racquet sport played between two single opponents or between two teams with two members each. The good thing about tennis is that any person of any age can play this game and enjoy. Tennis is one of the most important sports in the world.
When we are talking about tennis racket as a woman you must need the best women’s tennis racket for you to play your best shot.
The players use racquets strung with cords to strike a hollow rubber ball covered with felt over or around a net and into the opponent’s court.
Tennis racquets are still made by using wood but now mostly, composite materials like fiberglass, metals (titanium alloy) are used in making them. Catguts are replaced partially by nylon, polymers etc.
It’s a general thinking that the same tennis racquets can generally be used for both genders. The players while making their purchase, think about racquets for men and women. But there is no special or huge difference between them.
Power and spin are important for the best lady tennis racquet for the game.
Yet, there are some things which are important while differing in racquets for men and women.
WEIGHT— Physically, men are stronger and heavier than women and have more power in hands and arms for striking the tennis ball with racquet and the shot is also powerful. Therefore, based on this thinking, men should buy a heavier racquet.
Women tennis players have good control than men but they have less powerful shots. And women, as they are physically weaker than men, should buy lighter weight rackets. But if a woman thinks that she can handle a heavier one and can play a powerful shot, she can also choose the heavier racquet. The weight of the racquet can affect performance.
HEAD SIZE OF PLAYER— The head size of racquet is the second important factor while choosing a racquet. If men are physically stronger than women, then it is obvious that the head size they will choose will be bigger. It is made bigger to bear powerful and strong shots by men players.
While on the other hand, women should choose a little smaller head size to fit in their hands effectively and produce a better shot.
Head sizes of racquets are generally classified as standard (85-98 sq in), mid-plus (99-105 sq in) and oversized (106-135 sq inch).
Standard and mid-plus are better categories and can fit the hands of almost all women tennis players.
COSMETICS: The cosmetics used for tennis racquets are now an important factor in the marketing world. Different brands choose different types of cosmetics to reach and impress a great number of players. For example, women can prefer pink color racquet over others.
LENGTH: For better performance, it is important to buy a racquet according to the level of the player as the player is beginner, intermediate or adult/professional player. The standard length of racquet is 27 inches for beginners and intermediate women players. But professional players can also use a racquet of 29 inches length.
MATERIAL: The material used for a racquet plays an important role in ensuring the smooth and ideal gaming time. Racquets made with Aluminium are cheapest and fall in moderate quality while high-quality rackets are made from Kevlar, Boron and Carbon fiber. They are expensive but have effective performance.
Some best tennis racquets for women
- WILSON TOUR SLAM ADULT STRUNG TENNIS RACQUET:
- Suitable for beginner and intermediate level players
- Offers more control, controlled vibrations and good power
- Heavy for some players
- Affordable, beginner friendly women racquet, durable
- WILSON TOUR SLAM LITE TENNIS RACQUET:
- Good for women beginners and intermediates
- Excellent grip, good striking and power
- Handle of racquet is a bit longer
- WILSON HYPER HAMMER 5.3 STRUNG TENNIS RACQUET:
- Better power and control
- Ideal for women
- Lightweight, offers better reach
- Increased vibrations, too much power generation
- OPPUM ADULT CARBON FIBER TENNIS RACQUET:
- For all levels of players
- Great grip for both men and women
- Lightweight, durable, comfortable
- Good power and accuracy
- BABOLAT PURE AERO LITE TENNIS RACQUET:
- Ideal for intermediate and adult players
- offers power, control and comfort
- arm friendly, greater stability
- expensive, too light
- HEAD TI. CONQUEST TENNIS RACQUET:
- Good for intermediate players
- Lightweight and good power
- Offers a better reach
- Increased vibrations, unstable
- HEAD TI S6 TENNIS RACQUET:
- Fantastic for women, ideal for beginners
- Durable, comfortable
- Slight vibration
- Unsuitable for advanced players
- WILSON ENERGY XL TENNIS RACQUET:
- For beginners
- More control, lightweight
- Offers good shot
- Excessive vibrations
- WILSON BLADE 98 COUNTERVAIL RACQUET:
- For intermediate and advanced players
- Stable and precise
- Improves game
- Great feel and better spin
- YONEX EZONE 100 RACQUET:
- For intermediate and advanced players
- Good power and spin
- Confident ball strikes
- Easy targeting and precision.
- Out of the tennis racquets mentioned above, the Wilson Tour Slam Adult Strung Tennis Racket stands as the best tennis racket for women beginners and intermediates. It is exceptionally ideal for women as a result of its fantastic design and features, power and better control.
- While, for advanced players, Babolat Pure Aero is one of the most spectacular racquets in the market. offers great control and power.