Football Quotes: Football is much more than just a game where you score a goal or win a match. It’s a relationship where only love prevails. Love for the colors you wear, for that crest you touch right above your heart when you pray and for those boots, you lace up in the hope that your legs pump harder than your heart does.
Football, a game that brutally tests the minds and bodies of even its strongest players, brings forth many lessons about the importance of perseverance, dedication and hard work. As a result, some of the best and most inspirational quotes come from football minds, players and coaches — both current and former — that made their mark in the NCAA and/or NFL ranks.
Best Football Quotes
- “There is no pressure when you are making a dream come true.” – Neymar Santos
- “In football, the worst blindness is only seeing the ball.” – Nelson Falcão Rodrigues
- “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
- “I don’t believe skill was, or ever will be, the result of coaches. It is a result of a love affair between the child and the ball.” – Roy Keane
- “The person that said winning isn’t everything never won anything.” – Mia Hamm
- “All good athletes make mistakes; the great ones learn to make that mistake only once.” – Raul Lopez
- “Every defeat is a victory in itself.” – Francisco Maturana García
- “Failure happens all the time. It happens every day in practice. What makes you better is how you react to it.” – Mia Hamm
Inspirational Football Quotes
- This wasn’t just a shot in the dark – It was an optimistic belief in my teammates.
- A football coach is a person who is willing to lay down your life for the good of his team.
- Playing football in the morning is like eating cabbage for breakfast.
- Sometimes, getting up in the morning and brushing your teeth is the hardest part of the day — it all just hurts.
- Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not a coincidence.
- If a man watches three football games in a row, he should be declared legally dead.
Funny Football Quotes
- We can’t run. We can’t pass. We can’t stop the run. We can’t stop the pass. We can’t kick. Other than that, we’re just not a very good football team right now.
- Football is, after all, a wonderful way to get rid of your aggressions without going to jail for it.
- I wouldn’t ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important -like a league game or something.
- It was really difficult for us, playing in the midday sun with that three o’clock kick-off.
- The reason women don’t play football is that 11 of them would never wear the same outfit in public.
- Most football players are temperamental. That’s 90% temper and 10% mental.
Motivational Football Quotes
- Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.
- Excuses are the tools of the incompetent.
- If you want to win, do the ordinary things better than anyone else does them day in and day out.
- Try not to do too many things at once. Know what you want, the number one thing today and tomorrow. Persevere and get it done.
- You fail all the time, but you aren’t a failure until you start blaming someone else.
- You can’t always control circumstances. However, you can always control your attitude, approach, and response. Your options are to complain or to look ahead and figure out how to make the situation better.
- Stay focused. Your start does not determine how you’re going to finish.
- Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.
- Success isn’t measured by money or power or social rank. Success is measured by your discipline and inner peace.
- If you have the right mental attitude, nothing can stop you from achieving your football goals.
- I don’t like to lose, and that isn’t so much because it is just a football game, but because defeat means the failure to reach your objective.
- You can’t control some things in football, but you can control how we view things and how we work.
- Positive expectations are important for your football success because you tend to get what you expect.
- I told you the one change we would make in the initial start level of the football pressure, but that’s really about it.
- Have confidence in your football ability, and then be tough enough to follow through until you reach your football goals.
- I always felt that my greatest asset was not my physical ability, it was my mental ability.
- Number one is just to gain a passion for running. To love the morning, to love the trail, to love the pace on the track. And if some kid gets really good at it, that’s cool too.
- You have to do something in your life that is honorable and not cowardly if you are to live in peace with yourself.
- One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than 50 preachings.
- The five S’s of sports training are stamina, speed, strength, skill, and spirit; but the greatest of these is spirit.